Friday, September 20, 2013

Juicing for Health




Juicing is an ideal way to start the day.  The regular consumption of fresh vegetable juice is one of the very best gifts that you can give to your body. Buying fresh fruit and vegetables is important to building a healthy body and mind. Freshly juiced vegetables give your body an instant boost of nutrients, enzymes, vitamins and minerals in a form that the body can easily assimilate, absorb and digest – in fact, studies have shown that the nutrients from juiced vegetables are within our bloodstream within 30 minutes of consumption! At the most basic level, juicing allows us to add so many more vegetables to our daily diet, and to up the amount of raw food we consume giving the body energy and boosting the immune system and the body’s cleansing process.

Joe Cross, in his film documentary
Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead, can attest to the health benefits of juicing. He discovered a whole new body by vowing to change his life and his health by only drinking fresh fruit and vegetable juices for 60 days. When Cross started filming, he was 100 pounds overweight, on multiple prescription drugs and suffering from an autoimmune disease. He drastically altered his lifestyle to tap into the body’s natural healing abilities by juicing.

After watching the film I was inspired to give it a try.  I juiced for 45 days and lost 33 pounds. During the 45 days I experienced the removal of lots of guck and grime from several extremities as my body cleansed itself.  Afterwards, my skin looked clearer having a certain glow about it.  My eyes were whiter, my tongue pinker, my nasal cavities clear, and my stomach flatten.  I had not felt this good since high school.  I like the result such that I've made juicing a regular part of my life.



Watch Joe's documentary


No comments:

Post a Comment