Monday, September 2, 2013

Health Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water



Lemon Water
FOOD FRUIT WATER

Drinking lemon water first thing in the morning can do wonders for your body.  Lemons are packed with natural vitamins and minerals that are key to your inner and outer beauty regime as well as your general health.  Lemons are high in vitamin C, thereby adding a healthy boost to your immune system.  Lemon water is a great tonic to the liver aiding in the releasing of toxins to prepare it for the toxins of the day.  If you are prone to water retention lemon water is a natural diuretic for reducing bloating and swelling.  Although lemons are acidic they have an alkaline affect in the body in balancing PH levels.  A benefit to having an alkaline body as opposed to acidic is clearer, softer, more supple skin.  I've been drinking lemon water for some time now and have noticed a big difference in my joints.   I have less pain, can bend my knees more easily, and have less swelling.  

Here's the recipe I use:

16 oz glass of purified water
1 Lemon (squeezed)


I don't use a sweetener, just plain ole lemon and water! 


No comments:

Post a Comment