Sunday, October 6, 2013

Cinnamon Plantains

On my quest to find healthier ways to enjoy good food, I decided to try my luck at plantains.  For me, this is a "guilt-free" way to enjoy a dessert that taste as good as it looks.  I'm sure some of you may have several different ways of using plantains in a meal. Please do share!
 
 


Cinnamon Plantains

Ingredients
2 very ripe sweet plantain (the darker and mushier, the better!)
1 pat of butter
Cinnamon (sprinkle on top)

Preparation:
1. Peel the plantain and slice on the diagonal
2. Heat butter l in a frying pan to medium.
3. When the butter is hot, turn the pan a few times to evenly coat the bottom. Place the plantains on the pan one by one and sprinkle with cinnamon. Cook on low heat for 2 minutes or until the plantains are lightly browned and caramelized.
4. Then flip each one to cook the other side for another 2 minutes, until lightly browned.

1 comment:

  1. I grew up eating plantains....I know how to eat them two ways...Very ripe fried in oil (madura) or very green fried in oil (tostones). Either way they are delicious.

    ReplyDelete