Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Delightful Salad! with Citrus Berry Vinaigrette Dressing


Sometimes you can't decide if you want to eat a fruit salad or a vegetable salad!  This was my dilemma, so I made them both.  I know, I know, some would rather not mix their fruits and vegetables together.  But it's okay!  I'd rather be satisfied knowing I've eaten something healthy no matter how "mixed up" it may seem.  Who can argue with that?  If this doesn't "wow" you, I believe the dressing will.


Delightful Salad!

Ingredients:
3 cups of mixed greens
2 thin slices of red onion
1/2 tomato, sliced
1/2 avocado
1 orange, peeled and sectioned
1/2 c grapes
1/2 green apple, diced

Directions:
Place mixed greens on a plate.  Add remaining ingredients layering one at a time. 
Drizzle dressing over salad.  Enjoy!

Citrus-Berry Vinaigrette Dressing
1 orange, peeled and sectioned
4-5 fresh strawberries
3/4 c olive oil
1/4 c white wine vinegar
1 tsp brown sugar or coconut sugar

Place all ingredients in a blender and puree.  Makes 2-3 servings

  

No comments:

Post a Comment